Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Not so short "short note"

Hi, everyone! I can't believe how long it has been since I posted here--4 months. In the meantime, I have been

1) posting on my other blogs:   http://lind-guistic.blogspot.com/ where I discuss anything language/literary/writing related and  http://thegatheringofstones.blogspot.com/ which is where I post photos and little thoughts and observations called "stones".

2) spending time with family and friends. My in-laws were here for 4 weeks in May/June.

3) spending lots of time a various doctors for health issues I might discuss here at a later time

4) just basically chillin' (reading, writing, taking pictures, going for bike rides/walks, local events, doing a blog challenge, submitting material, taking part in the July River of Stones, playing with our pet, and whatever else came up along the way)


While I was busy doing all these other things, I got a nice blog award from E.J. Wesley. He posted some great material at his blog, The Open Vein, during the A to Z Blogging Challenge (which I also took part in) in April. You can visit The Open Vein here.  In any case, here it is--my no strings attached Real Trooper Award for supporting other bloggers during the challenge.



Thanks, E.J.

I also received this award for my work in the blog challenge.

Oops! That's not the correct one but I can't find it!!! It seems to be lost in the virtual world somewhere. In any case, thank you to Arlee Bird and the other blog challenge organizers. I'll be back in 2012.

I also received these awards.






Plus, I won a book from Nicole Ducleroir in the Sneaky Red Sock Giveaway contests on her blog One Significant Moment at a Time.  Thank you, Nicole.


Oh, I almost forgot. One of my blog posts was featured in the Language/Place Blog Carnival. You can read it here.



I received all these awards, posted once in May and then disappeared until July 1 when I posted a few stones. During that time, I received a few messages from followers (not family--people I only know in the blogging world) asking "Hey, what happened to you? I miss reading your posts." or "Where have you been? Everything okay?"  How sweet. If you were one of these people, thank you for checking in on me. I am okay and plan to get back to blogging on a more regular basis once again in September. Until then I will be taking a trip to the states to visit family and friends and to show my daughter a bit more of the land where she was born.  So, be patient. I'll be back again soon.

In the meantime, you can fill this post up with comments. If you are a blogger, tell me what keeps you from blogging, what helps you to blog regularly (LOL...sounds like a blogging laxative :-) or whatever else you want to say. Just post something in the comments section. I don't care if you tell me what you ate for breakfast. Just make me happy and post something. Just. DO. IT.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

wow you have been busy and congrats on all your awards

Linda H. said...

Thanks, Becca. You have some awesome awards yourself: Happy 101 is great and the Kickass Commenter Award made me smile.

Lolamouse said...

Hi. Congrats on all of your awards! I find that being a member of different poetry sites that have weekly prompts keeps me blogging regularly. And I eat right, exercise, and take Blogaday Vitamins!!!

Unknown said...

That's a shiny award there! ;-)

EJ