Saturday, August 18, 2012

45/100 - Summer Surprises

This year birds planted sunflower seeds right in the middle of our garden. They are so pretty I decided to leave them there sandwiched between the carrots, herbs, and zucchini, with cucumber vines weaving their way around it.



Every evening, the honeybees and bumble bees come to have a tasty snack. And in the morning, the birds pick at the seeds.

 

One night I tried to take a photo of a lone honeybee feasting. I didn't get one good shot. The problem was
  that the honeybee was so covered in yellow pollen that it blended in with the sunflower.


I guess other people like sunflowers so much that they always have one with them. Here is a dashboard sunflower I saw in Welzheim this week. If you look closely at the photo, you will also see its reflection on the car.





I hope you are all enjoying your weekend, and I wish you a happy SUN(flower)DAY.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

wow what a cool picture of the bees

Paula Wanken - When Words Escape said...

I love sunflowers -- I used to have sunflower things in my kitchen (before I moved). So cheery! :)

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Delightful photos!

PSC said...

Lovely!! Sunflowers always remind me of my dad -- happy memories! Such sunny flowers -- appropriately named. Fun posting, Linda! :-)